Tea has been well known to help treat digestive issues for thousands of years.
But most of us probably don’t know which specific teas to drink, nor what it is specifically about tea that helps us with digestion.
Like all teas, black tea comes from the Camellia Sinensis plant. It is the processing method that makes it different from the other teas. Black tea has several healthy compounds including thearubigins and theaflavins. These two compounds help improve indigestion and also acts as antioxidants that protects against stomach ulcers.
One study in mice with stomach ulcers found that 3 days of treatment with black tea has healed 78-81% of ulcers by suppressing the inflammatory compounds and pathways.
In conclusion, drinking black tea can help improve digestion and protect against ulcers.
For an additional boost, try out our Organic Ginger Power! Compounds in Ginger (gingerols and shogaols) can help stimulate stomach contractions and emptying, which is why this helps with nausea, bloating, gas or ingestions
So starting tomorrow, make yourself a black tea to get your day started!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Why Silver Needle Tea Is Expensive
- TEA STEEPING WATER TEMPERATURE GUIDE
- VEGAN Bollywood Chai Cake Recipe
- ECO FRIENDLY PEOPLE - The Truth on Why We Decided To Cut Our Profits - THE TRUTH MIGHT SHOCK YOU
- HOW TO STRIKE THE BALANCE
- WHICH TEA IS GOOD FOR DIGESTION???
- LADIES! Don’t Waste your Tea Bags! Use them to Treat Your Dark circles! A Beau-TEA-ful Tip!
- How Tea Is Made
- ARE TEA BAGS COMPOSTABLE??
- The Best Tea for Lowering Blood Pressure
- Skincare Question: Which Teas are good for my skin?
- 4 Reasons Why Tea is Better than Coffee