As we grow to be more environmentally conscious, one might wonder whether we are putting the right items inside our green bins or composts.
Did you know that approximately 90% of teabags sold actually contain plastic?
It is very important that we double check to see if our teabags contain any plastics. Around 20 to 30 percent of the tea bag may be composted of polypropylene, which will not decompose. These teabags typically are slippery to the touch and have a heat-sealed edge. If this is the case, make sure you do cut the tea bag open first and only compost the tea leaves, and the bag would have to end up in the rubbish bin.
If you are looking for a completely bio-degradable option for tea bags, please be rest-assured that all L’ATELIERduThé tea bags are made 100% with biodegradable materials – even the string and the tag are compostable as well!
Make sure you check out our teas today!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Why Silver Needle Tea Is Expensive
- TEA STEEPING WATER TEMPERATURE GUIDE
- VEGAN Bollywood Chai Cake Recipe
- ECO FRIENDLY PEOPLE - The Truth on Why We Decided To Cut Our Profits - THE TRUTH MIGHT SHOCK YOU
- WHICH TEA IS GOOD FOR DIGESTION???
- How Tea Is Made
- ARE TEA BAGS COMPOSTABLE??
- The Best Tea for Lowering Blood Pressure
- Skincare Question: Which Teas are good for my skin?